Army's Energy Strategy and Campaign Plan
To ensure that the Army provides safe, secure, reliable, environmentally compliant and cost-effective energy and water services to Soldiers, families, civilians and contractors on Army installations, The U.S. Army Energy Strategy for Installations (Strategy) and The U.S. Army Energy and Water Campaign Plan for Installations (Campaign Plan) will form the foundation for the future direction and resource requirements for effective energy and water management for the Army.
The Secretary of the Army and the Army Chief of Staff signed the Strategy on 8 July 2005. The Strategy sets forth the Army's energy goals for 25 years and the Campaign Plan defines the intermediate actions, approaches, initiatives, and funding over the 25 years to ensure the Army successfully achieves long-range energy and water management goals.
The Strategy sets the general direction for the Army in five major initiatives:
- Eliminate energy waste in existing facilities
Eliminate and reduce energy inefficiencies that waste natural and financial resources, and do so in a manner that does not adversely impact comfort and quality of the facilities in which Soldiers, families, civilians and contractors work and live.
- Increase energy efficiency in new construction and renovations
Increase the use of energy technologies that provide the greatest cost-effectiveness, energy efficiency and support environmental considerations.
- Reduce dependence on fossil fuels
Increase the use of clean, renewable energy to reduce dependency on fossil fuels and to optimize environmental benefits and sustainability.
- Conserve water resources
Reduce water use to conserve water resources for drinking and domestic purposes.
- Improve energy security
Provide for the security and reliability of energy and water systems in order to provide dependable utility services.
The Campaign Plan was implemented in late 2005 and used in the FY 2008-2013 POM development process. This version is the current update to support the FY 2010-2015 POM development. The Campaign Plan will be reviewed for updates every two calendar years during odd years.
- Provides the way ahead for developing initiatives, approaches and funding strategies to meet the Army energy and water goals.
- Identifies tools, technologies, policies, management and institutional requirements to achieve initiatives and approaches.
- Describes the desired "end state" for the goals and identifies the metrics of success.
- Provides a year-by-year resource requirement and investment plan that coordinates all Army energy/water users and policy components (e.g., security, privatization, procurement, technology, construction, and environment) into cohesive and measurable objectives designed to meet the initiatives. Budget requirements are not shown in the public version of the Army Energy and Water Campaign Plan for Installations.
Please send your feedback on the Campaign Plan using the Policy/Program Issues Contact Form.
- Technical Documents
- Policy/Program Issues Q&A
- Energy Tools
- Site Map
- Public Works Digest
- PDF file
- Word® file
- Excel® file
- PowerPoint® file
- Compressed (zip) file
- Video file
- Email address
- Secure file - behind AKO
- External Link