Water Resources Management and Planning
Section 432 of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA) amends section 543 of the National Energy Conservation Policy Act, by adding a new subsection (f) Use of Energy and Water Efficiency Measures in Federal Buildings (42 U.S.C. 8253(f); referred to as "the statute" in this guidance). The new subsection prescribes a framework for facility energy project management and benchmarking, including the following elements: /
- Designated "facility energy managers" for ensuring compliance of "covered-facilities" subject to the requirements;
- "Comprehensive energy and water evaluations"
- Implementation of identified efficiency measures
- Follow-up on implemented efficiency measures
- Web-based tracking system of covered facilities' energy use, evaluations, projects, and follow-up
- Summaries of agency implementation status in Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Scorecards.
Water Management Template
The Water Management Plan (Template) is a fill-in-the-blank guide to aid installation proponents in developing the water portion of a Comprehensive Energy and Water Evaluations listed above. In addition, it will aid in benchmarking current water consumption levels as well as identifying and applying efficiency measures to Army covered facilities as outlined in the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA 2007).
The template will also aid in supporting the Army Comprehensive Energy and Water Evaluations Policy (23 Aug 2012) that is the Army specific directive to comply with the EISA 2007 and the Executive Orders 13423 and 13514 concerning water conservation measures.
- Technical Documents
- Policy/Program Issues Q&A
- Energy Tools
- Site Map
- Public Works Digest
- PDF file
- Word® file
- Excel® file
- PowerPoint® file
- Compressed (zip) file
- Video file
- Email address
- Secure file - behind AKO
- External Link