AEWRS (formerly HQRADDS)
AEWRS (Army Energy and Water Reporting System) is deployed. New users must plan on watching the online tutorial if they did not participate in the live, online training sessions that occurred the week of 18 July 2005. The online tutorials are available.
AEWRS contains Army installation energy consumption data. Each installation is responsible for inputting accurate data each month. Various government offices for energy conservation evaluation and other decision makers can then access this information. Authorized users have access to 30 AEWRS and 15 Energy Manager reports. Reports can be shown for a specific installation, region, MACOM, or Army wide.
Improvements to AEWRS in FY 2009
September 30, 2009
Software installation/upgrades on development and Production servers:
- Database upgraded from 10.1.2.3.0 to 10.1.2.0.4
- Application server upgraded to Release 3 (10.1.3.1).
- Release 3 Application server patched to 10.1.3.4 version.
- New application server was built from scratch after problems arose when Service pack 2 was installed on the current production system. The new system replaced the old production application server. Following was done:
- AS Release 3 installed
- Installed version patched
- AEWRS project deployed and configured
- SSL implemented
Security updates on development and Production servers:
- IAVA Patch -CPU-Oct-2008 (Oct08)
- IAVA Patch - CPU-Jan-2009 (Jan09)
- IAVA Patch - CPU-Apr-2009 (May09)
- JDK/JRE upgraded on Database and Application servers
Development server certificates were accidentally revoked by Registration authority effectively shutting down the development environment. A key pair was created, certificates received and installed on the application server.
Upgrades on AEWRS:
- FY03 Baseline Validation screen with concur and non-concur option was deployed for installations to indicate if they concur or non-concur with the energy and square footage baseline data and for command and components to endorse their requests.
- A new "Data Correction" section was added in AEWRS that allowed user to enter corrections to energy, water and square footage baseline data.
- Metering screen was expanded to collect data on Electric, Gas, Steam & Water meters for standard and appropriate buildings in various units of measures.
- Changes were made to ESPC screens to capture performance of the project.
- Historic ESPC records were imported in AEWRS after data validation.
- System was modified to show FY07 as the baseline year for water.
- Exception was built to not notify the user of unit cost out of range when it is accurate to have consumption reported without any cost.
- All 46 reports converted using Jasper as the development tool.
- USACE sites excluded for Army and Active Army report totals.
- Report created to display water unit cost.
- Email capability added to inform users when water cost is out of range.
- Graphs have been made available to all levels.
- Graphs modified to show projected consumption for current year
- Energy management reports created for quarterly data validation
- AEWRS interfaced with HQEIS/IFS to import the square footage data for FY09.
- User Manual was updated
- FAQ's currently being updated.
- Contingency Plan re-written to meet the DIACAP requirements
- APMS updated with required AEWRS information.
- New Region: NCR-D was added to AEWRS and installations moved under that region.
- Change was made to the utilities screen to account for renewable product data entry.
- Other minor requirements were incorporated as and when identified.
Improvements to AEWRS in FY 2008
Interface with HQEIS/IFS
- The Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installations has linked the Army Energy and Water Reporting System (AEWRS) with real property data located in the Headquarters Executive Information System (HQEIS) in order to improve data consistency and eliminate duplicative building square footage data reporting.
- Importing installation real property data from HQEIS into AEWRS relieves installation energy managers of the burden of transcribing and inputting square footage as part of energy reporting as that data is already being reported by real property managers quarterly into the Army's real property inventory and HQEIS, the Army's official database of record for building square footage data.
- FY2008 square footage data was imported for HQEIS system.
Energy Managers (EM) module modified to accommodate the requirements originated during the year:
- Personnel section was modified to capture information for individuals responsible at an installation with focus on their training status.
- Utilities screen modified to capture data to support ISR-NI requirements.
- Utilities section was modified to accommodate the requirements for ARNG (Utility Company field defaults to "Various" since there are multiple utility providers for a utility)
- Renewable screens were modified to add new energy types and dates to capture when renewable energy was purchased or produced.
- Renewable section was modified to add the capability to copy records from previous years.
- Purchase Renewable Energy report modified to meet the requirements of the FY08 Annual Report
Other system modification:
- Data validation feature created to notify users and command/region managers of suspected data omissions or inaccuracies.
- System modified with a capability to send emails to individual users with copy furnished to their region/command managers
User Manual was updated
System security was maintained. New password requirements were enforced, and DIACAP requirements addressed.
Updates to the Army Energy and Water Reporting System in FY 2007
Interface with HQEIS/IFS
The Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installations has linked the Army Energy and Water Reporting System (AEWRS) with real property data located in the Headquarters Executive Information System (HQEIS) in order to improve data consistency and eliminate duplicative building square footage data reporting.
Importing installation real property data from HQEIS into AEWRS relieves installation energy managers of the burden of transcribing and inputting square footage as part of energy reporting as that data is already being reported by real property managers quarterly into the Army's real property inventory and HQEIS, the Army's official database of record for building square footage data.
Reporting changed in accordance with Army Component Structure
Report functionality modified to run for Active Army, ARNG or USAR. Installations, Regions and Command reports can be run individually.
Energy Managers (EM) module expanded
The EM module was expanded to include sections to capture data on the following:
- Showcase facilities
- Energy audits
- Sustainable design standards
- Metering data
- Equipment Fuel User
- Energy efficiency standards and energy star standards
- Cogeneration projects
Renewable Energy reported separately under EM module
Renewable products (Wind, Geothermal, Solar photovoltaic, Solar thermal, Hydropower, Hydrokinetic) were removed from AEWRS utility screens and included under Renewable section.
Installations and command responsibilities regrouped in accordance with HQ IMCOM's request.
- Inactive Installations removed
- Installations added to match Army Universe chart
- Installations renamed to match IFS/HQEIS naming convention
- Regions naming structure changes from PARO to IMCOM-Pacific, etc.
During FY 2006, AEWRS was greatly enhanced to meet the reporting requirements of the Energy Policy Act of 2005. Specific enhancements include:
- converting the energy glide path to a FY 2003 baseline
- allowing data to be summarized by IMCOM region
- adjusting energy consumption data to account for privatized family housing
- reporting of water consumption and costs quarterly
- eliminating mobility fuel reporting
- eliminating inactive installations
- making additional reports available in Excel format
- tracking renewable energy under the Energy Managers module
An Energy Managers module has also been added to AEWRS and includes:
- installation contact information
- servicing utilities (POCs, rate structure)
- utility privatization data
- water best management practices (BMPs)
- detailed energy project tracking information (ESPC, UESC, and appropriated projects)
- renewable energy (purchased and produced energy)
- Recommended Procedure for Validating AEWRS data (.pdf, 16Kb)
- Utilities Reporting Status (.pdf, 18Kb)
- Utility Details (.pdf, 37Kb)
- Utility Unit Costs (.pdf, 24Kb)
ACSIM Memo (.pdf, 49Kb) 22 Dec 2004 - Utilities Usage Reporting at Installations with RCI Housing